Thursday, July 30, 2009

Busy Summer

It has been a bit since the last post. Things have been crazy here trying to work and raise two kids....Summer is going way too fast and the weather hasn't really cooperated. Today when I took the kids to school it was 45 degrees!! Anyway we are enjoying ourselves. We were able to make it out to Minnesota to visit Jess' mom and to WI to see the rest of the clan. We are now getting ready for a nice two week vacation to head out to see my family and Jess' dad and go to the beach. Boy am I looking forward to some time in the sun and sand.


Elise has been busy with her summer program at school. Yesterday she came home with 4 necklaces that she had made. She is so smart and full of ideas. We just put up a big playset for her in the backyard and she couldn't be happier as she loves to swing. The morning Jess put it together she came running down the stairs in the morning ready to get to work.


Zane is growing like a weed and is just so much fun to have around. He is getting close to crawling and is up on all fours rocking back and forth. He can scoot around pretty good. Although we never had to baby proof for Elise I think we better get cracking on it for him cause he seems eager to grab at everything and put it in his mouth. Oh well, time to get that banister put on the stairs.


Jess has been busy with work and the band. They have been playing out more and now have a keyboard player (something Jess has wanted for a long time). I will post the website address once I figure out what it is. He is also getting ready for his third year of the Enduro. HTe Enduro is a 70 mile off-road bike race outside of Laramie (at 8500 feet). He feels more ready than ever. The rest of the family will be volunteering at one of the aid stations.


I have been really busy with work and I am hoping it will slow down, although there is no end in sight. Otherwise it has just been busy trying to keep up with two kids. Zane has yet to sleep through the night so I am looking forward to that magical day when he does....so I can sleep more than 3 hours at a time...how quickly you forget about the whole sleep deprivation thing after they start to get a little older and then bam there you are all over again. At least I know he will sleep through the night eventually...


Below are some pictures I had taken a few weeks ago. I will try to post some more later this week.














4 comments:

Melissa said...

Shannon, the kids are growing like weeds! Zane is getting so big already! He is adorable though. Elise looks like a little lady now too. I know how busy it gets with kids, and I don't work! I hope you enjoy your vacation back East and get some good beach time in! Have a blast!

Chantel and Brian said...

Wow I can't believe how fast that little Zane is growing! And Elisa is looking so grown up. I'm glad you've been able to travel and see family. I bet Pat is really looking forward to your visit. The beach does sound pretty good to me right now as well.

Cassie and Steve said...

Man they are growing... I still cant get over how big Zane is. I can not wait to see you all next week. It will be nice to get away with the family!! And I am more then happy to hekp you out with the kids so you can get some extra rest!! Love Ya

Erica said...

Wow! Beautiful kids. Elise looks just like you Shannon. So! When are you getting a facebook account so I can keep up with your happenings? Glad to see you're well. We so need to talk again soon! I miss my friend.